I. Overall purpose
This is a key management role within Business Unit to meet the ongoing growth of the business, using project management principles in the mobilisation of the many projects within the business.
II. Core duties and responsabilities
The junior project manager role is to ensure that resources are lead and managed using standard methods of project management so that projects are delivered on time , to the necessary quality and budget. This may also include the decommissioning of projects. This job is a great international opportunity for a highly motivated young certified ingeneer.
- Have a sound understanding of contractual and commercial terms and conditions to define the deliverables of the contract.
- Execution of project plans and support methodologies
- Leading the projects on behalf of the company within a matrix organisation
- Provide information on project progress, issues/ risks and key decisions in an adequate format and frequency defined by the project director.
- Is responsible for the handover of the project through the operational phase in conjunction with the operations director. This will include an aggrement that the site is safe an capable to operate to the desired capacity
- Work closely with Area Operations Managers and central project fleet coordinator to coordinate the project support services.
III. Job Qualifications and Experience
- Responsible for the project to meet company methods' of operation
- Engage and participate in QHSE audits as agreed by QHSE Director and Managing director - with the view of not performing, or permitting performance of unsafe work practices
IV. Key skills and desired behavior
- Degree qualified in an engineering field
- Project management certification is preferable
- This job requires to travel extensively Willing to travel extensively within North Africa & West Africa
- Cross cultural professional experience is advantageous
- Strong PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- To work with method and in a very rigourous manner
- Works well under pressure situations
- Able to multi task
- Well organised
- Objective driven
- Analytical thinking
- Must be culturally aware
- Positive change orientation
- Drive for results and accountability
- Builds capability in teams through coaching and sharing information and knowledge
- Compelling Communicator and non political
To be defined, Western or Central Africa
- Send resume and cover letter
- Recall : i) the position you're applying for in the resume and the cover lettter, ii) your availability, iii) your expected salary, iv) 3 professional references with their phone number and email.
The deadline for application is February 1rst, 2011, to the following email addresses email@example.com
Due to the number of applications awaited, only short listed candidates will be contacted
Indicative period for interviews: May 2011